001. You watch Bond films. You notice that James Bond sometimes is naked under the sheets but has clothes on most of the time. Just about all adult people wear clothes when they go out, and James Bond is one of those people.
002. You notice that James Bond wears suits. The suits are often dark, so you assume he wears a lot of black suits. James Bond does not wear as many black suits as you think he does.
003. You notice the suits are usually blue or grey and that they usually have two buttons. You don’t notice the finer details of the formal clothes. You might be more into the sportswear and not care about the more formal looks.
004. You notice some of the finer points of Bond’s suits, like that Daniel Craig often wears three-roll-two suits and that Bond’s suit trousers are often held up with side adjusters. You might like a fashionably tight fit in your suits, or you might think that Daniel Craig’s suits are too tight.
005. You want a Bond-like suit, so you get one that resembles his suits but you may not have done quite enough research to get a perfect replica.
006. You want to get your suits from the same tailors or brands that Bond gets his suits from, or you do your best to get exact replicas of his suits. You might show off your love of Bond style on Instagram.
007. You sell a line of Bond-inspired clothes. Or you write a blog and co-host a podcast about James Bond’s suits.
Which category do you fit into?